Phosphorescent materials are vital for a variety of applications, from glow-in-the-dark stars and luminous exit signs to security ink and glowing watch hands. No matter the industry, if you’re working with a phosphorescent material and need to ensure its presence, you require reliable phosphorescence sensors to do so.
At EMX, we produce high-quality UVX phosphorescence sensors that address common pain points of less advanced sensors and deliver ultimate detection and measurement of phosphorescent materials every time. Read on to learn more about the UVX-300P, common applications that phosphorescence sensors are best suited for, and how you can use our sensor to empower your operations.
Phosphorescence Sensors vs UV Sensors
Both phosphorescence sensors and UV sensors utilize a built-in light to flash onto an object and read the signals it emits. However, phosphorescent materials stay lit after being hit with a UV light, which interferes with the reading of phosphorescent materials by traditional UV sensors. For a reading that won’t delay your operations and enables you to accurately detect and measure phosphorescent materials, you require a specialized sensor.
Phosphorescence sensors work similarly to UV sensors but are built with the time-delayed light emission of phosphorescent materials in mind. In order to ensure accurate detection and measurement of UV-sensitive materials with time-delayed light emission, your processes require phosphorescence sensors like the UVX-300P.
Better Phosphorescence Sensors
The UVX-300P is an advanced, unique phosphorescence sensor that employs field-proven technology to reliably detect and measure the presence of phosphorescence in your chosen materials. Some features that make this technology stand out among other phosphorescence sensors include:
- Simplified Set-Up – A 2-digit display enables you to easily set up and integrate your technology to read the signal strength and assess the number of UV materials.
- Flexible Output Options – This phosphorescence sensor includes both a PNP/NPN output and an analog output, empowering you to tailor the tool to your desired use.
- High-Speed, High-Sensitivity – The UVX-300P delivers a 100-microsecond discrete output response. Highly sensitive, this responsive sensor is suitable for production lines and will deliver swift readings without slowing down your operations.
- Auto-Teach and Easy Adjustments – New operators can easily adopt this technology into their processes with the streamlined auto-teach options, while the tool’s manual adjustment capabilities allow it to be finely tuned for use in highly specific applications.
- Durable Detection – The UVX-300P’s metal alloy housing and sturdy glass lens ensure you can use this technology in industrial applications without worrying about its durability and protection.
To learn more about the UVX-300P, explore our spec sheet or reach out for a complimentary sample reading today.
Achieving Accuracy with Your UVX-300P
For the most accurate detection and measurement of phosphorescence with your UVX-300P, we recommend utilizing your equipment in a dark environment. Ambient lighting around phosphorescent materials can influence the readings, while a dark environment is a fast, effective way to ensure limited external illumination that impacts your measurement.
The angle that you position your equipment will also play an important role in the accuracy of your readings if the material you’re reading has a glossy finish. For a true reading, angle your UVX-300P instead of facing your material with the equipment directly.
With these simple solutions for your UVX-300P, you can empower your applications with more reliable readings of phosphorescent materials.
Common Applications of Phosphorescence Sensors
Phosphorescence sensors are utilized in a range of industrial applications that require swift, seamless detection and measurement of phosphorescent materials. A few examples include:
- Exit Signage – Self-lit exit signage remains bright and visible through the night thanks to the property of phosphorescent materials.
- Security Ink – Security ink serves as a counterfeit protection measure to ensure the validity of a document or currency.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Stars – This classic childhood favorite’s glow is made possible by its phosphorescent composition.
- Chemical Labs – For experiments and laboratory applications alike, phosphorescent materials can be used to identify unique elements more easily.
- Glowing Watch Hands and Compasses – Watch hands and compasses that emit a glow are useful for identifying time and location in dim or outdoor environments.
- Paint and Pigment – Phosphorescent paint and pigment are used in a variety of applications for their light-emitting properties.
Whatever your industry and application, the identification and measurement of phosphorescent materials are key for assembly, manufacturing, and packaging processes. Choose the UVX-300P to facilitate smoother operations and more accurate readings of phosphorescence every time.
Contact EMX for Your Phosphorescence Sensors Today
At EMX, we deliver high-quality sensor solutions to address the unique needs and challenges of our customers. We’ve innovated the plug-and-play UVX-300P to deliver accurate, efficient readings of phosphorescent materials for use in a range of applications and industries. Our high-quality, cost-effective solution to detecting and measuring time-delayed, light-emitting materials will help you achieve faster operations with reliable readings every time.
Contact our team to speak directly with our experts about how our phosphorescence sensors will empower your operations, or reach out to get a complimentary sample test today and explore how our solutions will work for your unique application.